Thursday, September 19, 2013

An Inspirational Puppy

I love animals especially baby animals.  Here is a story about Mighty Mick.  This puppy is amazing.  He has something called Swimmer Puppy Syndrome.  I had never heard of this before.  Apparently it is general practice to euthanize puppies born with this.  But this lady with the Mia Foundation (which I had also never heard of) decided to give it a try when Mick was brought to her and see what she could do.  It's amazing to see him progress.  She uses a number of different therapies in concert with each other to help Mick and in the end he succeeds in, frankly, an amazing amount of time.  If you read this I hope you will pass it on.  Maybe the more attention the Mia Foundation gets, the more funding they can get to help more puppies like Mick and like the original Mia.  Mia was the founders Chihuahua.  She had a cleft palate.  I didn't know dogs got cleft palates either.  She spent $35,000 trying to help Mia, but in the end, it didn't work.  There's a picture of Mia on this page too.  What a CUTIE!!!  If ever there was a worthy cause, this is one of them.  For Dogs hold no grudges and they love unconditionally (most animals do) and they deserve all that is good.  I think I've said before I have six and they are all children to me.  They are probably the most spoiled pups you'd ever know.  Of the 6 we have 5 are rescues and we love them all dearly.  Enjoy the story and share it as much as possible:)   Have a great Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I'm a country girl working in the city (50 miles/day). I want to learn all I can about how to do for myself. My husband and I dream of a self-reliant homestead where we can live and work together, raising chickens, goats and rabbits, and growing and canning our own food.