Sunday, September 29, 2013

Canning Chicken

I roasted a couple of chickens today.  Saved some in the fridge for lunch over the next few days.  The rest of it I put into the freezer.  I'll have to cook a couple every week or so, until I have enough to do some canning.  It sure is nice to have some cooked chicken for supper.  I don't get home from work until about 6:15-6:30.  I'll can up both pint and quart jars and use it for supper or for lunches later on.  The "other" fast food, I guess.  I need to do the same for other meats too.  I had some ground deer canned up, but have used almost all of it.  I've heard you can can fish, but not sure I'm ready for that.  I found a video for canning bacon too, that sounded pretty good.

So many things, so little time:-)

I screwed off most of the weekend.  Played with my grand-daughter yesterday till almost 7.  She goes to bed at 8:30 so I cut that one a bit close.  30 minutes to take her home and then she got to spend a few minutes with mom and dad before she went to bed....oops we were having fun.  Oh well, I don't think mom and dad minded too awfully much.  Tell me about playing with your grand-kids.  I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I'm a country girl working in the city (50 miles/day). I want to learn all I can about how to do for myself. My husband and I dream of a self-reliant homestead where we can live and work together, raising chickens, goats and rabbits, and growing and canning our own food.