Friday, September 13, 2013

Solar Dehydrator

This is something I'd like to try.  It's a solar dehydrator.  I have an electric one that I use all the time, but in the summer it heats up the house and frankly it makes quite a bit of noise.  This would work great in the Kansas heat (most summers) and with our wind.  She's even got a plan for the ant problem.  She's got it all laid out nice and neat and gives you everything you need to do.  If you ever get to try it out let me know how it goes.

Check it out here.  Hope it works for you all.  Nothing like having dried home grown veggies to use later in the winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I'm a country girl working in the city (50 miles/day). I want to learn all I can about how to do for myself. My husband and I dream of a self-reliant homestead where we can live and work together, raising chickens, goats and rabbits, and growing and canning our own food.