Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bake Sale Tomorrow and the Rest of my Friday

Tomorrow we have a bake sale for a local charity at work.  The person in charge called me a few weeks ago and asked if I would help and I agreed.  After the first part of this week, I'm wondering what on earth I was thinking, one thing after another happening, wearing me out more and more and making me very happy tomorrow is Friday.

Wednesday was Bosses Day and we celebrated by all employees bringing food for everyone, ranging from breakfast to lunch to snacks and now, 2 days later, having to come up with something again.  I'm not a terribly creative person, although I try.  I chose muffins, blueberry muffins, using the dehydrated blueberries I prepared earlier this year.  I searched online and found a recipe that looked really good, not low fat by any means, but they are, at least, organic.  I probably should never use a new recipe for a bake sale, but I can
always buy them myself if I find they didn't turn out well or hit up a grocery store tomorrow morning.  They just came out of the oven and they looked pretty good to me.  The butter/sugar topping is a bit brown, but that is to be expected.  I might have to go ahead and try one tonight so I know if I will need to stop tomorrow morning on the way to work:)



Tomorrow we're also celebrating our office manager's birthday.  We've made sure he knows we've remembered him as soon as he walks up to his office, decorating his door and his office in an appropriate manner.  We'll also be nice and take him to lunch at a restaurant of his choice and taking our time so he can relax.

After work there's a baby shower for one of the girls at work.  She has about 3 weeks left and we are all choosing dates on a calendar attempting to guess the date the baby will be born.  We're also guessing, girl or boy, as she's decided not to find out prior to the birth, her and daddy wanting to be surprised.

As fun as tomorrow, I'm sure, will be, I will be glad to go home and sit in my own house with only my husband and my dogs, maybe read a book or things on my computer before heading to bed.  It will be a very long day and I almost feel bad, to some degree, for dreading all that tomorrow will entail.  But I'll live and then there's Saturday, with mom and my grand-daughter.  Now that, I'm excited for.

I hope everyone has a great Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I'm a country girl working in the city (50 miles/day). I want to learn all I can about how to do for myself. My husband and I dream of a self-reliant homestead where we can live and work together, raising chickens, goats and rabbits, and growing and canning our own food.