Sunday, October 6, 2013

Here’s to ROOTS!

I found this article Here’s to ROOTS! on Day One Gear.com website.  Not only do they have some really good looking recipes and cooking suggestions for all kinds of root veggies, there's just some really good basic information about them.



I'm slowly learning that I like more and more foods as I try new things or things I hadn't had since I was a kid. I'm trying a lot of different things in my effort to eat organically and more healthy.  A lot of these veggies I knew I liked already, but still a few I haven't had the chance to try yet (or maybe the courage:)  It's not a big surprise that veggies taste better as an adult then they did as a kid.  Most of us didn't like our veggies as a kid.  I still have a long way go and a lot of new stuff to try but I'm guessing my menu in the future will only grow bigger and tastier.  Hope you enjoy this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I'm a country girl working in the city (50 miles/day). I want to learn all I can about how to do for myself. My husband and I dream of a self-reliant homestead where we can live and work together, raising chickens, goats and rabbits, and growing and canning our own food.