Monday, October 14, 2013

Morning coffee

As I sit here at work drinking coffee at my desk this morning, I'm really wanting to be at home with my girls, in the sun, while it's still nice out with my coffee.  I get to do that so rarely, that it's really a treat when I can.



Living in the country is nice, but even so it's not as quiet as it could be and on Sunday mornings there is no traffic on the 2-lane that's only 1/2 mile from my house and it's very quiet.  You can sit and listen to the birds
and to the breeze and it is magical.  I love to sit and feel the sun on my face, my little girls usually are either in my lap or on the table relaxing right next to me.  It's a time to recharge and contemplate.  Some times I like to just sit and concentrate on the breeze and the birds and nothing else.  It can set the mood for an entire day or even a whole week.  Other times it's a great way to get through the magazines I subscribe to that get stacked up waiting for me.  My Mother Earth News, Mother Earth Living and Grit Magazines are great Sunday morning reads.  And there are times I just sit out there feeling the day with my eyes closed and reflecting on my spirituality.

My husband likes to join me once in a while, which is nice too.  We sit and talk of our dreams and where we want to be in a few years, picturing the farmstead, the animals and all the work we still have to do.  The peacefulness I get from those mornings can wipe away a really crummy week over the course of a cup of coffee or tea and help me feel revived and ready to face the next week.

So now I sit and dream of the next Sunday morning (before it gets too cold outside) that I can sit with my tea or coffee and enjoy the beautiful nature that's all around us.  I hope you get that chance once in a while too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I'm a country girl working in the city (50 miles/day). I want to learn all I can about how to do for myself. My husband and I dream of a self-reliant homestead where we can live and work together, raising chickens, goats and rabbits, and growing and canning our own food.