Monday, August 3, 2015

Peach Butter

Recently I read a post regarding peach butter.  It sounded so good, but I didn't have any peaches and by the time I got to the store, of course, I forgot about it. 

2 weeks ago I went to the meat locker for some meat and the farmer's market was out front, and guess what I found!!!!!   Peaches!!!!

So last week I got all motivated after work and made some peach butter.  It's actually very easy and takes no time at all.


First, pit the peaches.  I used about 7-8 peaches and cut them in fourths.

Add them to a saucepan with a little sugar or other sweetener, if necessary.  I used about 1/8 of a cup of sugar, probably less, (I'm horrible about not measuring). 

Cook them on a very low heat, (I used skins and all), stirring often and watching closely so they don't scorch  You want them to cook just long enough to get soft, maybe 30 min or less. 

Remove from heat and let them cool.

After they've had a chance to cool, use an immersion blender (this is the one I have) and mix them to an almost apple butter consistency. 

I did cook mine a little longer to cook a bit more of the liquid out until I reached the consistency I was looking for.  You have to watch them very carefully at this point.

That's it, that's all there is to it.

Then you have Peach Butter awesomeness....


I've read about peach butter for a number of years and hadn't tried it, nor had I taken the time to make it.  Man-o-man am I glad I did.  Recently the peach orchards near me have been selling peaches.  The trees are finally beginning to make fruit.  I see many more peaches in my future.

This weekend I got even more motivated and made some yogurt.  From that yogurt, I made a cup or so into yogurt cheese.  Then mixing some yogurt cheese and peach butter I created breakfast. 




Next, I think I'll try mixing yogurt cheese with some strawberries, then......who knows, I guess it depends on what I come across at the farmers market next.

What do you make with your seasonal fruit?   Any good recipes out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I'm a country girl who loves to learn new things, some things for living and some things for fun, and other things, just because.