Sunday, July 24, 2016

It's been a while

It's been a while since I posted.  Been busy with working, the grand-daughter, Z and life.  New news!!!!....a new grand-son is on the way, due around the end of December.  So cool, but still a little scary for a grandma:-)  I've learned why we have our kids at a younger age....cause I wear out these day.  I also know why grandparents are at an older age:-)   We are SO MUCH more patient.  It all works out the way it's supposed to.

It's been a VERY hot summer.  Was 105 yesterday and even hotter today.  It's really hard to get anything done outside, although, my dear husband spent about 3 hours outside mowing, while I cleaned house.  At least I was cool.

I get to start vacation in a week.  So looking forward to that.  Got a list started of all the stuff I want to get done. I'll probably only get a few items done, but that's okay.  Even a few things done will make me happy.

Lost our water last weekend due to the line into the house cracking.  Man, did that suck.  Had to take Z home early since we didn't have water.  Finally got it fixed Sunday about noon.  What a mess.  But we do get to update the connection from the well at the water pump to the house.  Hopefully the rest of the line holds until we get to replace it!!!

 I use Z's pool to sit in once in a while to stay cool, and it works great.  Hope everyone is having a great week and staying cool.  Talk to you all in a week or so:-)

Let me know what's on your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I'm a country girl working in the city (50 miles/day). I want to learn all I can about how to do for myself. My husband and I dream of a self-reliant homestead where we can live and work together, raising chickens, goats and rabbits, and growing and canning our own food.